The idea behind New Direction IRA, Inc. began in 2001. Future NDIRA Co-founder and President Catherine Wynne was a mechanical engineer working in nuclear power and investing in real estate on the side. After rolling over her 401(k) into a new IRA account with a national provider, Catherine discovered that her brokerage-house account provider wouldn't allow real estate investing with her IRA.
At this time, NDIRA's future Co-Founder and CEO Bill Humphrey was also interested in self-directing his IRA to invest in real estate. Bill and Catherine shared the belief that finding an IRA administrator with the capacity to allow alternative asset investing in an IRA shouldn't be a complicated or confusing process for investors. From this belief, New Direction IRA, Inc. was born.
Milestones of Growth
- New Direction began operating out of Bill Humphrey's basement in 2003, as an independently owned and operated franchise of a national IRA provider.
- By 2006, the business expanded into its own office space in Lafayette, CO, and hosted around 10 employees.
- In 2007, New Direction acquired a Hawaii franchise.
- New Direction continued to grow until it moved into a larger building in Louisville, CO in 2009.
- By 2010, New Direction hosted 300 million dollars worth of assets under administration.
- At the end of 2011, New Direction absolved its relationship as a franchise to become a national corporation with no marketing territory.
- New Direction was granted freedom to invest in new technology that enabled faster processing time for all procedures.
- In November of 2014, New Direction took over the administration of over 1,000 accounts in Minnesota, placing the company over the billion dollar mark in assets under administration.
Who We Are Now
Today, New Direction IRA employs over 70 employees and holds 1.8 billion dollars
in IRA assets under administration. One of the founding principles of New Direction IRA, Inc. is to bring information about self-directed IRA investing out of obscurity and into the arena of common knowledge. New Direction employs an education-based business model with the goal of making the details of self-directed IRA investing transparent and accessible.
In addition to our industry-best educational webinars, specialized videos, and cutting-edge blogs and articles, New Direction provides live presentations for investors of all asset markets, and offers continuing education courses for CPAs, attorneys, and real estate professionals. We pride ourselves in consistently being a leading provider of self-directed IRA education and administrative services. We believe in empowering our clients with the education they need to confidently make knowledgeable investment decisions for their individual retirement account.